BitmapU8GlibCreator

Hi everyone,

I recently got the idea to use my Arduino Uno with a graphical display (GLCD), I browsed the web and found a library wich permitted to control my GLCD wich is controlled by a ST7920 : U8Glib. But when it cames to create Bitmap images in hexadecimal format, I realized that the duty was sooo long using the windows's calc.exe x)

That's why I told myself : "Why wouldn't I create a software to do all the dirty work for me !?". That's the story of how I started developping a software written in C++11 with Qt wich is : BitmapU8GlibCreator

Here are a few screenshots :

screen1 :
http://uploads.siteduzero.com/files/391001_392000/391564.png

screen2:
http://uploads.siteduzero.com/files/391001_392000/391563.png

screen3 :
http://uploads.siteduzero.com/files/391001_392000/391565.png

screen4 :
http://uploads.siteduzero.com/files/391001_392000/391568.jpg

Edit : the english version is available

Graphene 1.0 is out !

This version is a complete rewrite of the last version, it has benn renamed to "Graphene".This version does not attempt to add new functionality (except zoom), it aims to ease me adding new function next.

Windows 32 bit Installer : setup32
Windows 32 bit Portable : Graphene-32bit
Windows 64 bit Installer : setup64
Windows 64 bit Portable : Graphene-64bit

Linux 64 bit : Graphene-linux64.tar
Linux 32 bit :

if you have a problem with font conversion run the program in administrator mode

Linux must be installed Qt and freetype

sorry for my english i'm student (16 years)

French post : http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,114802.0.html

good work :slight_smile:

Which url can i use to link from u8glib project page to your exe?

Oliver

You can use any url you want .
Sorry for my english my english is bad.

Hi Olivier,
I'm a co-worker of MrPantalon on this project. We are french and we decided that I would take care of the english publication of this software.
Well, first, we're very proud that the creator of the u8glib is interested in our project. That's something we really did not expected :wink:
As MrPantalon said, you can use the MediaFire url in the description to link this software to your library.
If you have any idea/suggestion of improvement, we'll be glad to ear about it to make BitmapU8GlibCreator even better :slight_smile:
And BTW, thx for that library, it very useful :smiley:

Cobalt1911 (Antonin Aumetre)

Hi

I did some more serious tests. Here are some results: setup.exe failed to download. The zip is fine.
Another question is: How do i switch to english? Is the english version available. Your program is still
usable without knowing French (thanks to the icons), but it might still be helpful for those with limited
knowledge on French (unfortunately this includes me).

But then.. it seems to work as it should :slight_smile:

Oliver

Ok so : the language problem is going to be fixed, it is supposed to be automatic, depending on the default language of your OS ...
About the setup.exe, it works with us so ... We'll re-upload it and hope for the best :stuck_out_tongue:
Finally, we discussed about the improvement and we have some ideas so I think a new version of BitmapU8GlibCreator will soon be available :slight_smile:

Thx for the feedback :slight_smile:

I have updated all links and the English version should work.

I am expecting to add a new conversion function of police true type so plz tell me how is organisation Font in your library.

If I understand your question correctly, you want to know how fonts are defined in u8glib?

U8glib has its own format for fonts. It is compact and partly compressed to allocate as less of flash rom as possible.
All u8glib fonts are derived from the bdf font format (Glyph Bitmap Distribution Format - Wikipedia)
A tool (bdf2u8g) can convert a bdf file to the internal format: Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.. This c file also contains the description of the internal format.

Hope this answers your question.

Oliver

Thanks for your reply.

The 1.5 version is out with support of True type conversion ! All link was updated.

To convert a image to Hex/DEC code, try this: Convert picture to C code array

Graphene 1.0 is out !

??????? 8)

in English plz

Hello Mr. Pantalon,

I have problems running Graphene 1.0 on Windows 7 32 bit.

The options to export Header and XBM are allways grayed out and when I click View Hexa, it crashes with the error log attached:

Can you provide the previous version just to check?

Merci.
Javier Montero

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Graphene.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 50465014
Fault Module Name: Graphene.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 50465014
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00009d1d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 4950
Additional Information 2: 4950b554a8f61366ca6566fd4d09b1f6
Additional Information 3: 41f2
Additional Information 4: 41f27d0c1532961cc8b739b91c852dc6

Hello javimontero,
The options to export Header and XBM are allways grayed because it they aren't implemented yet.
For your crash can you take a screen and send me and tell me what are you doing just before the crash to this email : arthur.laurent3@gmail.com.
I can't upload the previous version because I recently formatted my pc.

Sorry for my english i have 16 years old.