Due pinout diagram

After much discussion about pinout diagrams and Arduino documentaion I decided it's time to put my money time where my mouth is and create a pinout diagram for the Due

NOTE: Regardless of new posts this first post will always point to the current versions of the drawing.

ANOTHER NOTE: This might look pretty flash but it is NOT VERIFIED and NOT OFFICIAL it's very easy to make a mistake with this sort of thing. This means that you should not bet the farm by doing a design based on this drawing without checking what you are doing.

UPLOAD HISTORY:

28 Aug 2019
Manolofen's Spanish version added.

7 Apr 2014
Gogol's editable version added.

8 Jun 2013
Errata fixed.

26 Feb 2013
Some new annotations added.
SPI Arduino pins numbers added.
The SDA1 and SCL1 pins were swapped, as were all related labels except D71 and D70. Fixed.
PDF version added.

11 Nov 2012
First version.

ERRATA/CHANGES/ADDITIONS: (not available in the latest version but will appear next time I upload)
None known at this time.

LATEST VERSION: (8 Jun 13)

Web-friendly version (176kB) (900x1004)
Due-pinout-WEB.png

A4 version (628kB) (2676x2400px)
Due-pinout-A4.png

A3 version (884kB) (3679x3300px)
Due-pinout-A3.png

CorelDRAW vector file (672kB)
Due-pinout.cdr

SVG vector file (2.0MB)
Due-pinout.svg

PDF file (569kB)
Due-pinout.pdf

Note the CC BY-ND license, you can use this diagram for any purpose commercial or non-commercial but you cannot make changes. If you want a custom size or version email me.

Editable PDF version (676k)
This allows you to enter your project's functions for each pin. With thanks to member Gogol.
Due-pinout-fillable-form.pdf

SPANISH version, thanks to member Manolofen
Due-pinout-A4-spanish-grande.jpg

Rob

5 Likes

If there's any interest I'll continue with it.

there is !

greets

panzar:

If there's any interest I'll continue with it.

there is !

greets

From me too,

put the current from the Pins on it too and it will be damn near perfect

Exactly what I have been looking for!

I really like that you also bring in which ss is getting occupied with the ether shield

I like it - gonna get big when you get down to the double laeyer of signals on the bottom.

And Idea could be to take tat part of, and rotate it 90 degrees. No point in writing over the board, for that matter, an outline of the board, with the important parts marked would do also.

Like fan it out left & right along the bottom?
||||_
||_

That would work, keep everything upright & readable along the sides.

Ok I'll carry on, I actually did quite a lot today and yes it's getting pretty big. Except for the photo it's a vector drawing so can be printed at any size as a cheat sheet for the wall or wherever.

For that I either need a better quality photo or yes I can draw a vector overlay, after all you don't really need a photo with every component although it does look nice.

Does anyone have a hi-res pic of a Due? This one is from the product page, it has a lot of flare and is lo-res anyway. Good quality and NO barrel distortion please. If I get a Due I'll shoot my own from a great distance so there's little perspective distortion. (I did work as a product photographer in a past life)

As for the bottom pins, currently I favour breaking that section off, but I'll play with CR's idea and see how readable it is. Often this creates too many parallel lines that are hard to follow though.

I am also noticing that some Arduino names are NOT the same as the SAM names. For example

*  16       TXD1  |  PA13  | "TX2"
 *  17       RXD1  |  PA12  | "RX2"
 *  18       TXD0  |  PA11  | "TX1"
 *  19       RXD0  |  PA10  | "RX1"

from variant.cpp.

Note that the SAM UART # and the Arduino Serial # do not match. Why I can not say but that's a trap for young players.

I'll post a more complete version in a few hours.

Rob

1 Like

I`ll be happy to make a picture tonight if still needed

Thanks panzar, for the moment just a jpeg maybe 2000px on the long side will do. If possible square, shot from as far away as possible with a long lens, no pincushion/barrel distortion, even light, no hot spots etc. :slight_smile:

You can email me rob@robgray.com.

EDIT: Oh, and a plane background, doesn't matter what colour.

Rob

Nice work so far! This will be helpful Rob!

Graynomad:
Does anyone have a hi-res pic of a Due? This one is from the product page, it has a lot of flare and is lo-res anyway. Good quality and NO barrel distortion please. If I get a Due I'll shoot my own from a great distance so there's little perspective distortion. (I did work as a product photographer in a past life)

Remember that the picture you have now, seems to be the one with markings on the ICSP next to the 16u2 chip, my Due does not have those markings, so one should prefer to get an picture of that one, so we have the correct orientation, since it's upside down compared to the SPI (old icsp placement) on the board.

OK, at this point it doesn't matter because I'm only doing the header pinout, but if there are such differences I'll need the current board when I do other stuff.

Rob

Here's the current version, it's growed a bit.

My brain hurts from checking and cross checking and it's very likely that there are errors at this point. Feel free to point them out :slight_smile:

Note the extra serial port (Serial4?), not supported as far as I can see but there none the less.

Rob

supernice, for completeness, will you do the spi, icsp, cortex, and swid to?

Graynomad:
Thanks panzar, for the moment just a jpeg maybe 2000px on the long side will do. If possible square, shot from as far away as possible with a long lens, no pincushion/barrel distortion, even light, no hot spots etc. :slight_smile:

You can email me rob@robgray.com.

EDIT: Oh, and a plane background, doesn't matter what colour.

Rob

Lightroom lens correction FTW :wink:

I`ll have a try tonight

ohhh and keep it man it looks like you are eating the datasheet :smiley:

@neslekkim
Yes I'm happy to do the ICSP, SPI and SWD pinouts and anything else that's useful, as you said though we need to know which PCB layout is correct for the future.

What do you mean by "cortex"?

looks like you are eating the datasheet

My brain literally does hurt from nutting this lot out. Yes I can correct pincushion and barrel distortion in Photoshop :slight_smile:

Rob

Awesome work so far Rob.
What a confusing data sheet.
Looks like there are multiple sets of SPI controllers - I don't see how they make it to IO pins tho.
For example PA25-26-27-28 make up SPI 0 with 3 additional chip selects on PA29-30-31 - where are are PA30-31 on the Due schematic? PA25-26-27 only seem to be on a 2x3 header?
Similarly for PE28-29-30-31 for 2nd SPI - what pins do they get multiplexed onto? I can't tell from the data sheet, same for the additional chip selects on PF0,1,2.

Graynomad:
Here's the current version, it's growed a bit.

Link to larger version

www.robgray.com/temp/Due-pinout-1.jpg

My brain hurts from checking and cross checking and it's very likely that there are errors at this point. Feel free to point them out :slight_smile:

Note the extra serial port (Serial4?), not supported as far as I can see but there none the less.

Rob

Giant work, cool. Can you send the cdr file too?

Graynomad:
What do you mean by "cortex"?

the tiny connector, jtag, 2x5 pin, is an socalled Cortex debug port, atleast people have told me that.
http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.faqs/attached/13634/cortex_debug_connectors.pdf
(maybe there is an better name out there)