SLOW RESPONSE OF SOFTWARE

I have downloaded andruino 020 software in my laptop which is running with WINDOWS 7 OS...
after i have completed the download i have extracted the zip file and i have clicked the arduino icon in the extracted folder it just showed up the opening image and after a long time it displayed a message box specifying that an error is occured then i clicked OK on the message box...
after a long time the software has opened by itself automatically and it is reacting very slowly when i click anything...
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz suggest me a solution to it...

Install java again, format computer?

install JAVA again i haven't installed any java...
i jus simply downloaded arduino and started it...
dont hesitate cuz i am new to tis software and debugging to IC...
recently i attended a robotics workshop and we have made a ROBO-EYE kit...
after completing the workshop they havent given us any software thats where the main prob started...

I don't think reinstalling Java is the solution. I am experiencing the exact same issues described here.

Splash screen displays
Long pause of a minute or more
Error message:
Launch4j
An error occurred while starting the application.
Click OK
A minute later the Arduino IDE does display
It is slow and if you click on the Tools menu item, it locks up.
I am running Windows 7 and I have tried various compatibility modes with no success.

I have run the Arduino IDE in various versions for several years, but this is my first attempt on W7 so I suspect it is either a W7 issue or version 20 issue or both.

j

@jeremy: exactly i got the same prob its not the prob with 20 th version i hav tried 17th also i hav same wit it also the prob is itz not designed for W7... :frowning:

I am now running the Arduino IDE in a Windows XP virtual machine on my W7 laptop and while it is still sluggish, it is lightyears faster than it was on W7.

I have the same behavior with Arduino version 0019 and 0018 on mij laptop with Win7. When i set the blue-tooth module from the laptop off, Arduino is working fine.
Hope this helps for you too.