can you use an old bluetooth GPS reciever with an Arduiono

http://www.globalsat.co.uk/product_pages/product_bt338.htm
Anyone heard of opening up one of these and hard wiring it to use with an Arduino? Thinking of a reverse geocache box...
The 20 Channel EM-406A SiRF III Receiver with Antenna are a bit pricey, but I can get an old bluetooth receiver like this pretty cheap.
would it be as simple as having Power, Ground, TX, & RX, inside that I could wire to?

I had a similar thought to. I opened my Holux GPSlim236 and found it had test points that gave access to the serial data. I later found it also presented the serial data via the mini USB socket.

http://mikenz.geek.nz/blog/gpslim236_arduino/

Since a lot of these little bluetooth GPS units are based around the same chips, I'm sure there will be 3.3/5v serial data in there somewhere. Normally 38,400 bps.

You'll need to find out what the baud rate is. Here's a nifty little trick. First make sure your grounds are connected between the boards, next download the sketch below and then locate the Serial Tx pin on the GPS. Connect a wire to the Tx (not the Rx) pin on the Arduino and then open up Serial Monitor. Cycle through the Baud rates on the bottom right corner until you see properly formatted NMEA data...now you know what the baud rate is. The only other concern is you'll need to know what the logic level of the communications is if you intend to send commands to the GPS. If it uses 5 volt logic then it won't be a problem reading or writing, however if it uses 3.3 v or lower logic then you should have no problems reading the GPS but you can't write to it directly without the use of a logic level converter.

void setup(){
  pinMode(0,INPUT);
  digitalWrite(0,LOW);
  pinMode(1,INPUT);
  digitalWrite(1,LOW);
}

void loop(){
  while(1);
}

What this sketch does is turn your Serial port pins off and set them to a high impedance mode and basically takes incoming signals on the Tx pin and send them directly to the Serial Monitor. Also anything you type in the Serial monitor will be sent out on the Rx pin of the Arduino.

Good luck!