Arduino Uno not working

For some reason my computer gives me the following error with arduino uno only:

Binary sketch size: 450 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

what's weirder is that the uno works perfectly on other machines (both mac and pc) that i have plugges it into. it's just mine. i tried deleting and reinstalling arduino and still the same thing. it's only the uno, the promini and decimilia, etc work just fine

any idea?

Check the setting for the board under tools and double check that you have the correct COM port. Is the green power on light lit?

yes the power is on, and when i press reset L flashes

Sorry I don't have a "real" solution, this is just a "me too" but maybe this helps: pressing the RESET button on the UNO at the same time (or about 0.1 sec later) than pressing Upload works for me 80% of the times.

See my post here:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,73585.0.html

Good luck!

try adding a small diode (1n914, 1n4148 or similar) between the RESET and 5V pins on the arduino PCB, with the cathode (bar end) towards the 5V pin. you can just plug the leads of the diode into the black 6-pin POWER connector.

the diode fixes a design flaw with the auto-reset circuitry. please do report back if this enables you to upload sketches successfully.

cheers,
rob :slight_smile:

Works for me (it's an Uno R2).

Thanks you so much for the solution.

I do not know if you are on the same problem as me but my arduino ONE does not appear in tools, I use mac.

Arduino I installed and uninstalled many times, I installed the codecs and does not work. plate does not appear in any way. at the same time this will not let me upload and I get the following error:

avrdude: stk500_getsync (): not in sync: resp = 0xf9
avrdude: stk500_recv (): programmer is not responding

I think it means that my Arduino is not responding.

sorry if my question is often repeated but I'm new at this.
not how to fix the problem, can someone link You can fill any where there solutions?

Hi,

you second problems probably depends by using an old version of the IDE (the last is 22) and it supports the UNO.

your second problem can probably be solved with the instructions in post 56

more details here:

My problem has been solved,

software was not the last, although I sometimes got all arduino cc for mac osx.

The Mac recognized this as an internet network and not as a com port. I indicate that and the error has disappeared and the software recognize my arduino. unwelded :grin:

jone:
My problem has been solved,

software was not the last, although I sometimes got all arduino cc for mac osx.

The Mac recognized this as an internet network and not as a com port. I indicate that and the error has disappeared and the software recognize my arduino. unwelded :grin:

I have the same problem, my mac sees the driver as an internet network and not as a com port. how did you indicate this?
I have arduino uno and osx 10.5.8

i tried adding the diode and it still does not work. also, the program gets "hung up" it shows that it is still running but when i check in the activity monitor i don't see anything...i am using a macbook with OX 10.5.8

If you have an UNO version it is possible you have an Atmega8 firmware bugged.
On Linux (and Linux and Mac OX are brother) I have to upgrade it, since it works.
It is a well known issue.

this problem no longer exist in the new version of arduino...i guess i was missing a driver or something?