Baby monitoring system ideas

I intend to make a baby monitoring system. I was wondering which form of communication would be best in regards to analogue or digital. Basically, there are couple of sensors that detects (eg: motion, moisture, temperature) and also a voice detection system which turns on the system when baby cries. This in turn sends an alarm to receiver from the transmitter. So I want to know which method of communication would be best for this system and also can you please provide some reasons.

Thanks.

I was wondering which form of communication would be best in regards to analogue or digital.

Wouldn't that depend on whether you want to communicate analog or digital data, and what you want to communicate with?

Basically, there are couple of sensors that detects (eg: motion, moisture, temperature)

For what purposes? I would expect the baby to be exposed to the same atmospheric conditions that you are. If you are cold, put a blanket on the baby. If you are hot, take it off. If you are wet, get out of the rain, and take the baby with you.

also a voice detection system which turns on the system when baby cries.

You'll hear it, don't worry. From 3 blocks away, you'll hear it.

So I want to know which method of communication would be best for this system and also can you please provide some reasons.

Can't make any recommendations, because you haven't said what is communicating with what, and what data is being exchanged.

The monitoring system is used when the baby is in the cradle and you are doing a work. As for communicating, only the babys voice needs to be transmitted to a receiver the mother is holding. So, which system of communication is best in this case?

Here you go - voice & video.

Rig up PIR motion sensor to Arduino, when motion is detected have arduino make a little warble with Tones() thru a speaker that the mic pick up & transmit as well.
Have the moisture, temp, etc on a scrolling display that is in the camera field of view and let the camera transmit that too.

Maybe this for instance.
http://store.nkcelectronics.com/rgb-lcd-shield-for-arduino-65k-color-k65.html

Or send the PIR outputs, moisture, temp from arduino to arduino via RF wireless link, that is slowly changing info.
http://www.robotshop.com/433mhz-high-sensitivity-transmitter-receiver-pair-rxa30.html
Receive it & display on shield above.

So I want to know which method of communication would be best for this system and also can you please provide some reasons.

Don't over look the option of mixed analog and digital. Analog for sound and digital for digitized data.