Bliptronome Monome Clone

Hi,

I recently purchased Bliptronome Monome Clone from ebay and I can't get it to work with Max or OSC. The drivers are installed correctly, and ArduinomeSerial detects the device as a40h-501, but when I try an app in Max, it does not show up/ can't connect to it.

I have tried using the Arduinome software to upload StandardFirmata (googling lead me to a guide about getting Arduino working with Max that suggested doing this) but its still not showing up in any max app.

It works for sending MIDI using loopmidi but just not with the OSC protocol is selected. I've been through the FAQ and nothing helped me, can someone suggest something please?

Thanks

Windows 7 32bit
Albeton Live 8
Reason 5
Bliptronome Monome Clone board UNO

If you're saying you uploaded firmata over the original firmware... then it won't work even though ArduinomeSerial sees the FTDI cable (a40h-501). You'll need to use Arduino software to put the Bliptonome firmware back on the chip. It's available here:
www.straytechnologies.com/resources

I suspect your original problem was not having the correct /tag for OSC in both places. Download the "getting started" pdf at the same website above, and follow those directions after re-flashing the chip. that should step you through working with OSC.
-wil

Hi, thanks for the reply, I have already looked at the getting started .pdf.

At the moment, when I plug it in, all the LED's light up and stay lite up, I can't figure out where on that website I can follow instructions to re-flash to the original chip :~

Anybody? Please?

On that resources page I linked, you'll find a zip file with the source code.
In that file is a TON of information and an open-source .pde file that is the bliptronome firmware.
connect the FTDI cable, open the .pde in Arduino software and upload it the way you would upload a sketch to an Arduino.
The bliptronome is ID'd as an Arduino Duemilanove to the Arduino software.

It really is just an arduino sketch on a prebuilt Arduino circuit.
-Wil

ah, apologies, I only looked at the .pdf, completely new to all this arduino patches apps codes stuff :sweat_smile:
I'll take a look and probably spend multiple hours googling befire returning here pleading for a step by step :slight_smile:

thanks!

Bliptronome_V2.cpp: In function 'void buttonpress()':
Bliptronome_V2.pde:-1: error: 'BYTE' was not declared in this scope

As of Arduino 1.0, the 'BYTE' keyword is no longer supported.
Please use Serial.write() instead.

Bliptronome_V2.cpp: In function 'void sendADC(int, int)':
Bliptronome_V2.pde:-1: error: 'BYTE' was not declared in this scope

As of Arduino 1.0, the 'BYTE' keyword is no longer supported.
Please use Serial.write() instead.

tried replacing BYTE but got another error that made me punch my wall repeatably.