Cheap UHF spectrum analyzer (and RC tx rx) using RFM22 module

Devonian:
Hi Z,

I'm also using 0023.

I made a clean install on netbook and copied your RF22 library (from your post above) into the clean libraries folder.
Copied the code (from above) and made a new pde called 'rf22_specan_simple' and veried it.
It compiled OK.

Ran up your RF22SpecScan.exe and it runs fine.

I'll try some more later on my main PC and Laptop as this is where I want to mostly use it.

Nigel.

OK that's good.

Rustie0125:
if you look at the picture with only the RF22 switched on that is working as the receiver it would appear that there is a very high signal detected in the UHF range where i stay ? or am I seing it wrong ?

also the labeling of the dBs on the left hand side would it not make more sence if it started form -120 at the top and -20 at the bottom? I arleady made the mistake at looking at the spike but in reality if i understand it correct is actually the lowest detected frequency that im looking at , can it be swapped ?

That looks pretty normal. The RF22 is not meant to be a spectrum analyzer, it will only work properly for the frequency range the module and antenna is made for. You can force it to whatever frequency you want, but results will not be accurate.

RSSI is a logarithmic scale, you are reading it wrong. See dBm - Wikipedia

I just remembered that that I have made some small improvements to the PC program, I have attached the new version.

RF22SpecScan V0.11.zip (193 KB)