Programming on breadboard help

Hello,

I have an atmega328p that has the bootloader i'm trying to upload the TLC5940 fades program but I keep on getting that error. any help?

In file included from D:\Student Data\Desktop\Lot-o-folders\Arduino\libraries\Tlc5940/tlc_fades.h:30,
                 from Fades.cpp:12:
D:\Student Data\Desktop\Lot-o-folders\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:212:26: error: pins_arduino.h: No such file or directory

it is set up like this.

It's nothing to do with your wiring. You need to work out why it can't find the file pins_arduino.h.

I've been messing around with that same tutorial and hit the same wall. if you were going the same as me I'm assumung you added the folder to your user directory and not the install directory?

Put this into the boards.txt file in the install dir (Program files in my case)

##############################################################
atmega328bb.name=ATmega328 on a breadboard (8 MHz internal clock)

atmega328bb.upload.protocol=stk500
atmega328bb.upload.maximum_size=30720
atmega328bb.upload.speed=57600

atmega328bb.bootloader.low_fuses=0xE2
atmega328bb.bootloader.high_fuses=0xDA
atmega328bb.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
atmega328bb.bootloader.path=atmega
atmega328bb.bootloader.file=ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328_pro_8MHz.hex
atmega328bb.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
atmega328bb.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

atmega328bb.build.mcu=atmega328p
atmega328bb.build.f_cpu=8000000L
atmega328bb.build.core=arduino
atmega328bb.build.variant=standard

With this I managed to get it building the Blink example. It seems to look for the additional files it needs in the same folder as the boards.txt file - you could keep it out in another dir, but you would need to copy the cores and possibly bootloaders directories.

Hope it works for you :slight_smile:

Wel l have it in the install dir -> hardware -> breadboard -> and then all i have in there is breadboard.txt

I'm not having a problem with my breadboard and I didn't need to update any files.
From the list of boards (Tools->Board) in the IDE, I just choose one that matched my bootloader and clock speed.

You must be doing something more advanced than me.

Huh, I'll reinstall some of the files.

did you setup the breadboard circuit with or without the crystal?

if the atmega328 chip bootloader was burned with crystal, then it will work only with crytal, including reloading of bootloader.